Technically motherboards are created to function and have long life cycle without any default. Updating the motherboard has never been the manufactures idea. The concept of updating is wiped out if one regularly installs window updates.
However, errors and bugs on the motherboard have triggered efforts to create solutions. To solve the issue one has to update the Bios software on their device to reduce and solve the few errors. Taking the ASUS computer’s software, we set to look at few steps in updating files from ASUS website by picking the file from BIOS.
How to Bios update in Asus Motherboard
1. Find your computer model name
Though your device is ASUS, the model is important in order to make the right updates.
- Open start button by clicking the windows image at the bottom of your screen.
- Directly visit the setting which is indicated with gear like feature on the start menu.
- On opening setting now select the system on the upper-left side of the setting menu.
- Continue by select “about”
- Now find the computer’s model. This will show on the device specificationheading and again on the device name heading.
2. Download the BIOS update
After achieving the ASUS model, you can now update the BIOS by:
- Visit the ASUS official website: https://www.asus.com/support/download-center
- On the homepage check for the “please enter a model name” box on top of the page
- Now key in the model name you received from the process one. Type the name on the text box, whereby the system will also show names of model choose the correct name as give before.
- Click on the name and select your computer model number.
- Select the driver and utility link on the right side of the screen.
- Next click on the BIOS and firmware button.
- The system will take to the available update, here you are to check for BIOS update files.
- Note is the file has recent dates which surpass the date the computer was manufactured. Then an update will be needed fast.
- If the files show older dates which trace back years almost when the computer was manufactured. It clear sign that you don’t need to update.
- Now select the download button and the BIOS file will download to your device.
3. Taking the BIOS update file
Assuming one finds a file which needs updating, you just download it though it will be zipped. After downloading the following happens.
- It’s your duty to unzip the downloaded file, using the WinRAR to unzip the BIOS archive.
- If your device doesn’t have the WinRAR app just install it and then double-click on the file. An option of extract to is written at the top of windows, select ok.
- Check whether the extraction process is done and copy the BIOS file. Double-click on the extract file to open.
- Check for BIOS file, its indicated with a blank white file but containing the device model number. This can be done by pressing ctrL+C
- Select the open this PC button.
- Again double-click the hard drive.
- Double-click the “windows” file followed by the ASUS folder which needs to be double-click too.
- After all the double-click now paste in the copied file by pressing ctrl+V it will show as ASUS FOLDER.
- Click on “Continue”.
4. Updating the BIOS
- Shut down your computer completely, don’t restart.
- Check for the F2 button and hold it down when the device is shut down.
- Power on your device but still hold down F2.
- Wait for the BIOS screen to show, give it sometime and now let go of the F2 button.
- On the screen choose the advance button.
- The advance menu will have the “start easy flash “click on the option.
- Now select the BIOS update file, use the FS1 which helps you get the ASUS folder on your device.
- Select the FS1 using the down arrow and the right arrow to open it.
- Pick on “windows” then key in enter select ASUS then enter.
- Pick the file which needs updating and press enter.
- Now confirm installation by clicking confirm and updating process will start.
- Give it some time to complete the process, don’t shut down or restart until the process is over.