Applying Procedure for Telangana Epass Scholarship for Post-Matric and Pre-Matric both New Students and Renewal applications….
Dating back in the year 1948, India has been keen on education matters. The government supported post-matriculation and post-secondary students. Thus ensuring they get quality education which they deserve. The government offered a scholarship namely e-PASS meaning electronic payment and application system of scholarship.
The scholarship scope different categories where the unfortunate were catered for in the program. The era went on over the year and many have benefited from the program. Surprisingly the e-PASS program was taken over by the Telangana and Andhra Pradesh governments who now manage and help in distributing funds for the scholarship.
The scholarship program categorized groups and gave different names post-matric and pre-matric. The students from this groups mainly come from less fortunate families. they either are working but earning too little or they are not in any employment. The Telangana government has ensured they benefit and get a head in life just like other fortunate families. The program has set criteria which the students have to meet to qualify.
Documents required in applying for the Telangana ePASS scholarship
- photograph same size with the passport.
- Have a student card.
- Details of student’s name, bank account number and the bank IFSC bank code. The information is written on the first page of the bank pass book.
- Student study certificate indicating seven years of study.
- Have a common entrance test (PGECET)
Eligible criteria for Telangana ePASS scholarship
- The family of the student especially the parents/guardians shouldn’t be earning more than 21lakhs.
- The student should attend 75% of the courses.
- SC/ST/BC and DW are eligible for this scholarship.
Who is not eligible?
- Students whose parent earn more than 21 lakhs
- Those taking part-time classes or are beneficially in other scholarships.
- Students from intermediate cannot apply for the scholarship.
- The scholarship is renewable for students in sponsored in the previous years and also for fresh students enrolling to the program.
- The student or the family’s income shouldn’t be beyond 1lakh yearly.
- Candidate in the SC/ST groups total income shouldn’t be more than 2lakh.
- The category has age limit according to the courses taken: 20-24 intermediate, 25-29 graduate, 30-34 post graduate.
- The scholarship offers two sets of courses which have been approved by the university.
Professional courses: medicine, technology, engineering, agriculture, veterinary science finance management etc.
Highest degree in specializedcourses:Ph.D., post-doctoral courses. Certificate levels etc.
How to apply for Telangana Epass post-matric scholarship for new students
The process happen once in every year. Eligible students have to be keen when the application procedure is set to start. Have right documents and begin on the simple procedure. The bonafide certificates of each student has to go through the field officer who verifies the qualification of each student.
Student should have student cards, caste certificate and income certificates to qualify for the scholarship. Registered mobile number is a requirement from the field officer and bank account. The phone number is important as the password will be sent to this number via SMS.
All the application is done online and after the forms are well filled it should be registered and confirmed to the student.
- Logon into the Telangana e-PASS scholarship website page.
- On the homepage select the student service and select on the scholarship you wish to apply for: post-matric or pre-matric.
- On selecting a new page will show click on the fresh application (applies for new student who have not benefited before) or renewal application (for older student in the program)
- Now fill in all your personal details name, address, registered mobile number etc.
- On the last step upload the documents mention certificated, photograph etc. There the program is done, wait for the response from the board.