One might call it pure luck if they achieve to get a UK visa and even live and work there. UK is one of the biggest and greatest nations in the globe. UK offers unique and quality studies which leaves one working hard to gain the visa. This doesn’t make the process difficult but there steps and qualifications needed for international students.
UK student visa and immigration issues are handled by the UK Visas and immigration department. They have an official website where student visit and see the requirements. EU/EE and Swiss nationals don’t require to apply for a student visa like other international students.
Types of UK student visa
Short term course: The courses are categorized in short and long term course. Conversely, the nation doesn’t offer Visa for part-time courses. Students taking short course and have attain 18 years are to receive short-term studyvisa. Short-term meaning six months and with potential of getting an extension of up to 11 months if taking language courses.
Long term courses
The visa is accompanied with some requirements:
- First the student needs to select and institution which has Tier 4 sponsor license. Ensure the institution is well-known in the country.
- We have the tier 4 child student visa which applies for students aged 4-17 and want to study in UK at independent school.
- Tier 4 general student visa, for students aged 16 years and above.
What are the requirements for a UK student visa?
Students have to first get an offer or place in the institute to study for particular course. Some get luck when the school gives a helping hand in the visa application. When one gets this privilege they should apply three months before in order to join school in the right dates.
Every country has a visa processing time;which student check not to rush last minute. In UK student visa are given in point-based system. here we have requirement to help you gain student visa.
- Information of passport
- Clear and recent photograph.
An offer which is valid showing offer of a place in courses by the license Tier 4 sponsor. A confirmation of acceptance for studies by the institute. The form is worth 30points.
- Students will prove their English skills by taking and passing a test namely: secure English language test (SELT)
- Students from English spoke national don’t have to take the exam.
- Getting the visa, you have to proof that your financially stable and can live in the UK without financial constraints. Provide a bank statement or financial support letter from your sponsor. This covers:
- Living allowances
- Tuition fee
All this amounting to £1,015 or $1,300 each month, this is for student studying in UK.
Non-EU/EEA or Swiss student taking a sensitive field of study will have to provide ATAS certificate.
Students applying for Tier 4 general UK student visa, are required to give a letter from the parents allowing them to apply for studies in the country. The application process is done online but has to be three months before the actual date of the course.
First check if you have qualified for the course in the school applied. The letter is name as confirmation of acceptance for studies CAS. Proof to show you have money to sustain you know as maintenance
- Now have all documents ready.
- On the UK visa website, one needs to register and create an account.
- Fill in the application form from the website, now print it then sign it to ensure its complete.
- The system has a calendar, use it to book an appointment with the visa application center.
- You will get a confirmation email and application number.
- The process has an application fee which can be paid via: standard chartered bank, demand draft, direct payment at visa center or pay online using master card or visa card.
- After all process are done wait for the appointment date. Here you will drop the requirements stated above like photograph and taking of fingerprints will happen here.